Don't let pride keep you from considering:
* Without DNA there is no life in this world.
* DNA is one of the most amazingly complex chemicals around. It contains the information necessary to build and reproduce an organism.
* Consider the probability that even if you have all the components of DNA sitting around together, that they would form themselves into DNA. In our bodies, DNA is put together by a complex system of protein "machines". These "machines" are in turn cranked out by our DNA. You can't have one without the other.
* The DNA has to not only come together by random chance, it must come together in a meaningful manner.
* DNA can be read backward and forward. There is information in both directions. This added complexity drastically reduces the probability of this occurring by chance.
* When we see something that conveys meaningful information, such as a book, we know that did not come about by chance, but by intelligent design. DNA contains enough information to fill about 1000 books. A Harvard scientist claims there is 700 terabytes of storage in 1 gram of DNA.
* You can have a petri dish full of DNA, and it doesn't transform itself into life--into self replicating, living organisms.
* The Bible gives an explanation of how life came to be: In the beginning, God created it. He created the heavens and the earth. This brought time into existence, but He is outside of it. The Bible explains God is eternal and therefore has no beginning.
* The Bible claims to be written down by men inspired by God.
* The Bible was written down by 44 authors over about 1500 years. They were from wildly different backgrounds -- from fishermen to princes -- and different cultures, but a consistent message is given throughout. This points to the divine origin of the Bible.
* The Bible contains over 300 prophecies of Christ given hundreds of years before Christ's birth. They are quite specific: giving the exact time of his coming, where he would be born, the method of his death, his resurrection, etc. The probabily of all these prophecies coming true in one man is astronomically against it happening by chance. In scientific research when the probability of certain claims happening by chance is so low, it is considered impossible.
* The Bible has survived intact despite efforts to eliminate it. People continue to believe in it despite times when it meant their death.
* People throughout time have had their lives permanently transformed through the words contained in the Bible. I am one of these people. There have been countless other witnesses to this throughout history. In a court of law, it takes the testimony of two witnesses to prove something beyond a reasonable doubt.
* The Bible is historically accurate, indicating the authors were truthful. For an in-depth analysis of the historicity of the Gospels, I highly recommend the book Cold Case Christianity by J. Warner Wallace.
* The Bible does not ask you to be mindless. It encourages you to examine it to see if it is true.